ASHBY DE LA ZOUCH TOWN COUNCIL
JOB VACANCY - GROUNDSMAN
£18,070 = £9.392ph
An opportunity has arisen for the challenging and interesting full time (37 hours per week Monday to Friday but with some occasional weekend work) position as
GROUNDSMAN AT ASHBY DE LA ZOUCH TOWN COUNCIL.
The ideal candidates should have:
- Experience of grounds maintenance work;
- Experience of working with grounds maintenance machinery including mowers, chainsaws, sprayers, strimmers, hedge-cutters etc;
- Experience of the marking-out and up-keep of sports pitches and pavilions;
- An expectation that they will be working outside in all types of weather and undertaking physical work;
- A full, clean UK driving licence;
- The ability to work on your own initiative;
- Experience of working with members of the general public;
- A commitment to providing excellent customer service.
The post attracts membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme. The Town Council grounds maintenance team is based at a depot in town with workshop and mess room. The Town Council is responsible for approximately 85 acres of land within the parish including the Town Cemetery.
To request an application form please e-mail the Town Clerk at email@example.com, telephone 01530 416961 (9.00am to 1.00pm only) or download below.
Closing date for applications is Friday 23rd February 2018.
Interviews will be held during early March.