St Helen's Church, Ashby de la Zouch
St Helen's is a beautiful Parish Church, adjacent to the ruins of Ashby Castle, set in the market town of Ashby de la Zouch. It is open to visitors every day, from 9am to 5pm and printed Church Guides are available near the entrance. A church dedicated to St Helen is recorded in the Domesday Book, which was replaced by William, Lord Hastings in 1474. The building was enlarged by the addition of two outer aisles in the 19th century. The splendid interior contains the Hastings Chapel, many historic monuments and beautiful stained glass windows.
The ancient building houses a large and growing congregation of all ages. Services range from informal Family Services and times of evening worship - through all age sung Eucharist - to Choral Evensong. Worship is led either by a robed choir and organ, or a contemporary music group. There is also provision for children and young people of all ages.
St Helen's is committed to it's local community and is involved in a number of projects and initiatives (many of which are ecumenically run - relationships across all denominations is strong). Projects include Street Pastors, schools work, holiday clubs, the Hub (a cafe with linked youth work), Ashby Youth of Christ...to name a few.
Opening Times : Open every day, 9 - 5pm. In the winter, day light hours.
Phone : 01530 412970
Web : www.achurchnearyou.com/ashby-de-la-zouch-st-helen
Address : The Parish Office, 1 The Churchyard, Ashby de la Zouch, Leics. LE65 1AA