Welcome to Holy Trinity Playgroup
Our Playgroup has been in operation since 1966, making it the longest running in Ashby. We are a traditional, committee-run group with a committed and friendly team of childcare staff. Indeed, many of our staff originally came here as parents and later returned to us as staff.
Holy Trinity Playgroup is located at Holy Trinity Church Hall, Off Kilwardby Street in Ashby de la Zouch. The hall can be accessed via the church main drive or via the footpath off Kilwardby Street adjacent to Churchside Walk.
Please feel free to drop in and have a look around and pick up a brochure.
Our aim is:
- To enhance the development and education of children under statutory school age in a parent-involving, community-based group.
- To provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment.
- To work within a framework which ensures equality of opportunity for all children and families.
We offer your child:
- A specially tailored curriculum leading to approved learning outcomes.
- Individual care and attention made possible by a high ratio of adults to children.
- Fun and friendship with children and other adults.
- The support of a personal key person, whose role it is to build a special relationship with both child and parent, and to be the first point of contact should any queries or problems arise.
- Opportunities for you and your family to be directly involved in the activities of the group and in your own child’s progress.
Our sessions run Monday to Friday, Lunch club may also be available Monday to Friday. Afternoon sessions are run Tuesday and Wednesday.
For the pre-school children, could be an option to stay on Tuesday and Wednesday all day which includes lunch club.
During the sessions we offer a wide range of activities, such as painting, colouring,
toys, water-play, jigsaws, books, craft-making, songs, dance, bikes. Each week we have a different topic and these topics and activities help the children to work towards the early leaning goals, as outlined in the EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage), in preparation for school. We have four key groups, Caterpillars, Ladybirds, Busy Bees and Butterflies this is where more focus learning take place.
In all we do the aim is learning through fun.
Holy Trinity Playgroup
Holy Trinity Church Hall
Ashby de la zouch
Telephone 01530 587220